In-person Meetinghouse Worship Service
Begins Promptly at 10:00 a.m.
The Re-Opening Task Force has been carefully monitoring Connecticut’s phased re-opening plan. Based on the criteria set forth in that plan and our re-opening plan, and after careful consideration and planning, we are happy to let you know that we will be re-opening the doors to the Meetinghouse on Sunday, November 8, 2020 for 10 a.m. worship.
We will gather again with strict distancing, sanitizing, and traffic protocols to ensure the safety of all involved. These protocols include but are not limited to:
- Mandatory pre-worship service registration for the purposes of contact tracing.
- Temperature checks upon arrival.
- COVID-19 health screen.
- Mask Mandates.
- Designated entry and exit points.
- Ushered seating and traffic flow within the Narthex & Meetinghouse.
- Distanced seating limited to 100 total people in attendance. (this includes worship leaders)
In addition to the above changes, we would like to outline some of the other ways in which coming home may look and feel differently:
- Hugs and handshake are not permitted. Rather, “elbow bumps” and bowing with hands together to greet one another will be encouraged.
- Singing will take place only by our church’s quartet.
- There will be cameras, screens and other recording equipment present in the Meetinghouse as we will continue to stream the service live on Social Media
- No printed materials will be available (bulletins, hymnals or Bibles). All worship materials will be available via video monitors.
- Attendees may print a bulletin at home and bring it with them and take it home.
- There will be no child care available.
- Community hour will not take place.
We understand that gathering in-person as a community is vitally important for the mental and spiritual health of many of our members. We also recognize that this virus is particularly dangerous to the physical well-being of many of our members. With our deepest regards we ask all of those in our community aged 65 and older, which the State of Connecticut considers to be within the high-risk category, to prayerfully consider if in-person attendance is best for you.
As a society and a congregation, we’ve worked hard to process and adapt to the ways in which our lives as we’ve known them have changed in almost every way. And, while our space and processes may look a little different, we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back home – in any capacity in which you feel safe.
To Register for In-Person Worship
Keep the below instructions handy, as it well assist you in the sign-up process. There is also a tutorial video on how to sign up on the landing page for the event.
Registration opens Friday at 10:00 a.m. the week before the service and closes 24 hours before the worship service begins.
Important: Because of the seating arrangements and the need to maintain proper social distancing you must register for seats in groups of 2 or 4.
You may only register and sit next to individuals from within your household.
For example: If you want to attend by yourself, that is perfectly fine. However, you must register for two seats. If you only need three seats, you have to register for four. If you need more than four seats, you can complete one registration and start another.
To register via Eventbrite:
1. Click green Register button
2. Choose your seating type. Either Single or Pair, or Group of 3 or 4
3. Select number of tickets. (For single or pair you must select 2. For three or four you must select 4)
4. The system will select seats for you. If you do not like your seats you can change them based on what is available.
5. Once you select seats you like click orange checkout button.
6. Choose your preferred delivery method (print at home or on list at church).
7. Enter contact information for all those attending the service. If you have an extra seat, please simply enter the same name twice.
8. Click Register.
9. Check your email for confirmation.
Now that you have read all the instructions – CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Remember registration opens Friday at 10 a.m.
Please call the church office if you need any assistance to register.