Click the event name for details.
- This event has passed.
Veterans’ Day Collection Drive
November 10, 2019
The Women’s Fellowship is sponsoring a Veterans’ Day Drive in support of ABRI-Homes for the Brave in Bridgeport.
Since 2011, ABRI-Homes for the Brave has expanded its programs to serve female homeless veterans. Female Soldiers: Forgotten Heroes is the first community-based transitional supportive housing program dedicated specifically to female veterans in the State of Connecticut.
We will be collecting items for the wish lists below on Sunday, November 10.
Top Needs for Female Soldiers:
- Blow Dryers and Flat Irons
- Blankets (Twin/Full)
- Bras (various sizes/NEW ONLY)
- Laundry Detergent
- Body Lotion
- Face Cream
- Shampoo (Ethnic and Textured Hair especially)
- Pillows and Pillow Cases
- Spray Air Freshener
- Storage Bins (Clear: Large and Medium)
- Lysol Wipes and Spray
Other Suggested Items:
- Bottled Water & Non-Alcoholic Beverages
- Canned Fruit & Vegetables
- Coffee/Powdered Creamer/Sugar or Non-Calorie Sweetener
- Food storage (foil, containers, cling wrap, bags)
- Grocery Store Gift Cards
- Dept. Store Gift Cards (Walmart, for example)
- Food Gift Cards (Subway/Dunkin, for example)
- Gas Gift Cards
- GBT Bus Tokens (more info HERE)
- Laundry Bags (Large Mesh)
- Household Cleaning Products
- Dish Soap and Sponges
- Dryer Sheets
- Linens (NEW ONLY): bath towels, comforters, sheets (twin)
- Pants and Jeans (XL – 4XL)
- Shirts (Dress and Casual): XL – 4XL)
- Sweatshirts and Sweatpants (XL – 4XL)