…for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. Matthew 6:21
The way we spend our money reflects our values.
We give money and other assets to the church because we believe in its ministry and its mission. Our giving reflects our faith and our values. Where does our church fit into your life? Have you put your treasure where your heart is? It takes funds of many kinds to maintain the life of an active and ambitious congregation like our church. Our programs are many and varied, and so are our requests for your financial support. Click on the items below to learn more about the separate needs and giving opportunities at our church:
- The annual Stewardship Drive covers the church’s annual operating needs and part of its Outreach program
- The Endowment Fund covers emergencies
- Special gifts help our church afford those things that make a difference
- The Pooled Income Fund is a tax-advantaged irrevocable gift that benefits the church in future years
- Wills and bequests ensure that future generations of church members will benefit from the things that made our church special to you
Are needed …
Our church’s needs are varied and insistent. No person or family will be able or willing to give to every appeal, but each of us must give what we can in as many ways as we can. Consider:
- Increasing your stewardship pledge and making your pledge by December 31st of each year
- Making a special gift for a special need
- Whether this is the right time for you to join the Pooled Income Fund
- Including First Congregational Church in your will
These are not competing demands but opportunities for members in different circumstances. As your life changes, so do the possibilities for you to contribute to the present and future life of the church.
Every gift is meaningful to our church. What has meaning for you? Do your gifts to the church reflect your values and priorities? Is your treasure where your heart is?
For information on making gifts of stock to the church, contact Steve Summerton: (203) 637-1791 ext. 38 or e-mail SteveS@fccog.org.
First Congregational Church of Greenwich
108 Sound Beach Avenue
Old Greenwich, CT 06870
(203)-637-1791 Fax: (203)-637-1540
To whom much is given, of that person much will be required. Luke 12:48